Graduate Programme, Brand & Communications – Corporate Social Responsibility
BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 15,000 employees (excluding partnerships) and a presence in 13 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture. The Graduate Program is a comprehensive 24 month program designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our experienced managers and highly experienced team members.
What you will do
Under the guidance of the Brand & Communications Manager, the graduate will:
- Assist in developing strategies, action plans, and monitoring in relation to the management of BNP Paribas Group’s CSR in respect of the APAC region:
- Conduct peer-group benchmarks, develop marketplace intelligence/best practices research and propose strategic recommendations to help to drive operational efficiencies for the CSR department (e.g. strategic communications, tools …).
- Support discussions with the CSR Correspondents in each APAC territory and ensure consistency of CSR actions undertaken in the region.
- Measure and report progress against agreed goals and objectives.
- Proactively coordinate and follow- up with regional and Hong Kong projects:
- Coordination of initiatives with various parties on both Hong Kong and regional initiatives including fundraising and volunteering.
- Contribute to the monitoring of BNP Paribas’ environmental performance on energy, water, paper, waste management:
- Support internal working groups on environmental issues.
- Assist in developing the Environmental Communication Campaign.
- Assist the Brand & Communications Manager in various projects and tasks in both Hong Kong and APAC.
- Participate in CSR related projects/ assignments/ meetings/ workshops.
- Support the duties required for the APAC CSR Council.
- Assist in preparing CSR News Flash as well as other documents on CSR and ensure timely communications to both internal and external stakeholders.
Required Skills and Abilities
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2019 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Ability to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining project schedules.
- Organised and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Photoshop.
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage.
- Takes initiative and is results driven.
- Strong decision making and analytical skills.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence.
- Strong team player.
- Client focused and commercial thinking.
- Interest in sustainability, environmental and social topics.