Intern - Integrated Transport - Cities Program
WRI India is seeking an Intern for the Integrated Transport Program in India. The intern will support the team in building a deep understanding of the IPT sector in Indian cities that can potentially inform interventions by cities to make these services more accessible.
The Integrated Transport Program has a deep understanding of mobility systems in cities and supports cities and agencies in making transport infrastructure more accessible, equitable, safe and innovative.
The intern will support the team in building a deep understanding of different aspects of the IPT sector in India cities. The project will understand the impact of different regulatory structures on different stakeholders including commuters, drivers, the city and the ecosystem.
What You Will Do
- Conduct research in the mobility and IPT sector and build an understanding of systems and regulations in different cities. Identify and review different academic literature on this topic.
- Identify different stakeholder groups and support the team in conducting interviews of these groups.
- Support the team with designing and conducting surveys and analysing data from the sample and derive insights.
- Support the team in writing content (blogs, articles, etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Post graduate degree in Policy, Governance, Planning.
- An existing understanding of the transport sector in Indian cities.
- Ability to understand policy making and regulator structures.
- Ability to analyse data sets.
- Good research capabilities.
- Prior work experience will be useful.